Dr. Eric Coontz obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Loloyala University School of Dentistry in Chicago. After graduating, he served for three years as a general dentist in the U.S. Army. He went on to complete a residency in periodontics at Loyola University School of Dentistry where he also received a Master of Science in Oral Biology. Dr. Coontz has spent his time working in private practices as well as in public health with the Veterans Health Administration and with the Indian Health Service.
As a sufferer of sleep apnea himself, Dr. Coontz is widely aware of the effects sleep apnea plays on the heart. He himself suffered a heart attack that was likely related to sleep apnea. He now works closely with his patient’s physicians to provide his patients with successful sleep apnea treatment.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Education Association
- Member, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- New Mexico Sleep Society
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, American Academy of Craniofacial Pain